What is BakersCalc, anyways?
I’m glad you asked! BakersCalc is a side project of mine to help with creating, updating, and sharing bread formulas. The beauty behind baker’s percent is everything is relative to your total flour weight, so it doesn’t matter if you want to make 300g of dough or 300kg. All your ingredients will scale accordingly.
Plans for the future
Although the site is fully functional right now I plan to implement a lot of updates in the very near future. These include:
- Adding ability to define multiple flours and have app detect if amounts do not add up to 100%
- Calculating dough hydration
- Implementing individual ingredient hydration (for example, honey has 16-20% water. So we will be able to add that into the hydration calculations)
- Options to change decimal precisions from whole numbers down to hundreths
- Other general improvements and the usual bug squashing