Month: March 2017
BakersCalc is a simple yet powerful web application for creating and sharing baking formulas. It can handle a variety of formulas including ones with sourdough starters, and can even accommodate non-yeast based recipes. It includes a printer-friendly version of your formulas that can also be copied as BBcode or HTML tables. Check it out at bakerscalc.com!
I’m proud to finally announce that BakersCalc is officially moving out of beta! There are a lot of new features in this release, including calculating by thickness factor, improved hydration logic, displaying in ounces, and more.
- added thickness factor functionality
- added ability to change units of measurement (oz/grams)
- added better error handling. If a value is incorrect the app will go back to the previous valid input
- added check for 100% flour present to ensure formula accuracy (thanks mitchjg from PM forums)
- refactored code to remove redundant logic and make it more readable
- cleaned up options dropdown
- fixed hydration function & totalWaterWeight bug
- squashed various small bugs
- added apple bookmark icons
There is still a lot planned for the future of BakersCalc and we’re always open to feedback. If you find any issues please get in touch – we’re on instagram, twitter, and plain ol email. As always, happy baking!